Supporting World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
Posted on Wednesday 23rd September
More than 30 homes in the Caring Homes Group will be holding a charity fundraising event on Friday 25 September 2015, in support of MacMillan’s ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’.
This national cancer charity fundraising day is close to Caring Homes’ hearts, as we care for many residents with specialist cancer care needs. 37 homes will be hosting an event to raise funds for the charity. The following homes are open to having local press visit their event on Friday 25 September 2015 (sorted by county):
- Abbeycrest, Kennylands Road, Essex Way, Sonning Common, RG4 9RG: 11am coffee morning and cake with quiz for residents, families and the local community.
- Dormy House, Sunningdale, SL5 9RL: Coffee and cakes from 11am to 3pm.
- St George Care Centre, Kenn Road, St George, BS5 7PD: ‘Wear something green and/or sparkly’ day 11.30am to 3pm with coffee and cake in the morning and a tea dance in the afternoon (to be confirmed).
- Magna Care Centre, Arrowsmith Road, Canford Magna, Wimborne, BH21 3BQ: Fancy dress Friday Pyjama Party (all day) with coffee and cake 11am to 12pm.
- Sundridge Court, 19 Edward Road, Bromley, BR1 3NG: Coffee morning and cake 10 to 11.30am for residents and families, with a singer entertaining in the afternoon.
- Deer Park View, Bushby Park Road, Teddington, TW11 0DX: 2.30pm coffee and cake, with a spot the cake competition (guess the number of spots on the cake!) and raffle.
- The Pines, 104 West Hill, Putney, SW15 2UQ: Tea party with a selection of cakes from 11am to 12pm.
- Brooklyn House, Queens Road, Attleborough, NR17 2AG: Coffee morning, cake and clothing sale 10am to 12pm for residents, relatives and the local community.
- Tall Trees, Burford Road, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton: Coffee and cake at 11am.
- Scoonie House, Windy Gates Road, Leven, Fife, KY8 4DP: Vintage afternoon tea party with cake from 2.30pm onwards.
- Strathview, Carswell Wynd, Fife, KY14 7FG: Afternoon coffee and cake with singer and spot the cake competition, 2 to 3pm.
- Standon Hall, Standon, near Eccleshall, ST21 6RA: 10.30am to 12pm coffee and cake morning for residents and the local community.
- Rendlesham Care Centre, Suffolk Drive, Rendlesham, IP12 2TP: 10.30am to 12pm cake and coffee morning for residents, families and friends of the home.
- Galsworthy House, 177 Kingston Hill, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT2 7LX: Pink fairy cakes and coffee for staff, residents and visitors on the day from 11am onwards.
- Claydon House, Lewes, BN7 2QT: A cake baking contest will be judged at 2pm by a resident, head chef and deputy home manager with a prize awarded for the best tasting cake (but they won’t know who made the entries until after judging!)
- Heffle Court, Station Road, Heathfield, TN21 8DR: Local community volunteers will be helping with a coffee, tea and cakes event with music 10am-12pm.
- Rectory House, West Street, Sompting, BN15 0DA: coffee morning and cake sale 10.30am to 12pm for residents and relatives plus guess the number of spots on the cake competition!
- Laverstock, London Road, Salisbury, SP1 3HP: Vintage afternoon tea party with scones, piano player and raffle 2.30 to 4.30pm.
A spokesperson for Caring Homes Group said: ‘Macmillan is a charity that we are very keen to support. This particular charity is dear to us and many of the residents we care for, as well as the families that we support. Many events have been planned at our homes to help raise awareness of the charity and collect donations for the wonderful work of this national charity.’
To find out more about MacMillan Cancer Support, and the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, please visit: www.macmillan.org.uk.