Brave students from La Musique ranging from the age of five, performed on our grand piano with a varied and captivating recital.
The house was packed with proud parents and residents with keen ears and many could be seen playing invisible keyboards accompanying our prized performers. Alice was the youngest and most confident of all declaring to her teacher that she had no wish to be accompanied and was perfectly capable of holding our attention; which she duly did.
Of those who had just started their piano lessons, the dexterity of their Grade 1 pieces seemed to be a great deal more advanced than any of us expected.
A special mention must be made to George who embraced modern and classical music with equal gusto. His Bach piece followed by a stunningly tricky Coldplay number wowed everyone in the room.
Many of these pianists had not performed live in front of an audience before and maiden voyage nerves were suitably left in the wings. We at the Home of Compassion can not thank these musicians enough for their dedicated practice for this recital and we can declare we thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.
Eagerly we pencilled in a repeat performance for early next summer.
As you can see from the play list below, we were treated to a dazzling display from many music genres:
- Chanson de Matin – Edward Elgar
- A Kwela for Caitlin – Richard Michael
- Duet: Theme from the New World Symphony – Antonin Dvorak
- Duet: Dance of the Shepherd Girls – Walter – Caroll
- Falling Leaves – Bastien
- Duet: My Hobbyhorse – Bastien
- Three Blind Mice – John Thomson
- Banjo Picker – John Thomson
- The Echo – Theodor Oesten
- The Egyption Level – Kevin Wooding
- Sneaky Business – Martha Mier
- Sward Dance – Nancy and Randall Faber
- There was an old man with a beard – Fanny Waterman
- The Bells Ring Out – John Thomson
- Pussy Cat – Marion Harewood
- Haunted Castle – Marion Harewood
- Minuet in C – William Duncombe
- The Cradle Song – Johannes Brahms
- Dynamic Eric – Carol Barratt
- Moving Along – Carol Barratt
- Adagio from Clarinet Concerto – W.A. Mozart
- Skip to my Lou -Bastien
- Indian drums- Bastien
- Writing’s on the Wall – Sam Smith
- Shadows at Dusk – Knerr
- Duet: I love coffee – Trad. arr by Bernard and Carolyn Shaak
- When the Saints Go Marching In – arranged by Keneth Bartels
- Preludium No 1 in C major – J. S Bach
- Clocks – Coldplay
- Baroque and Roll – Alan Haughton
- No Worries – Pam Wedgwood
- Blues in the Attic – Nikki Iles
- Just strutting along – Martha Mier
A big thanks to Agata Zajaczkowska for helping us arrange this superb event.
If you would like to find out more about life at Home of Compassion, our events and activities, or would like to arrange a visit to our home, please contact us on 0808 223 5406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.