At Benson House, we promise to never lose sight of what it means to be someone living with dementia, or to care for someone with dementia. As part of the only care home group with its own accredited City and Guilds dementia training and innovate dementia friendly design, you can trust that we go further.
Dementia can feel like another world sometimes. It can mean big changes to a person’s world as they know it, but some things never change. Like their story, who they matter to and who they are. So many things define us as individuals, but dementia doesn’t have to. We see the person behind it, and help them live the life they want, to the full.
Our care at Benson House ensures:
1. Families and friends of residents living with dementia feel supported
2. We support individuals and carers to make an informed choice about their care options
3. Our homely interiors promote independence and choice as well as enabling people to live well with dementia
4. We reduce problems of depression, boredom and isolation commonly associated with dementia through meaningful, engaging activities and interactions
5. Resident’s dining experience is a positive one; with preparation of home-cooked meals, presentation and supporting their unique dietary requirements
To find out more about our approach to dementia care and to see our latest innovation in care home design, book an appointment to see our home in person or if you prefer to look around from the comfort of your own home, then we can arrange a virtual tour, call freephone 0808 169 8656.