Caring Homes supports Professional Care Workers Week
The social care workforce is one of the largest in the UK; those 2 million people deserve to be respected and recognised for their work. Professional Care Workers Week has been designed to unite, virtually or in person, the sector together and to appreciate the outstanding efforts of care and support workers.
Across the four days a series of webinars and panel discussions will be available, free of charge and open to everyone. An array of speakers will be sharing their expertise and charisma on a range of exciting topics, including social care reform, how to protect the mental health of care workers and gender issues within care.
The importance of this event has never been more apparent. The way care workers have embraced and overcome the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic is testament to the integrity they possess when caring for people. Which is why this year the theme will focus on Respect and Recognition.
Caring Homes takes great pride in knowing that with our support and that of many other social care providers The Care Workers Charity has been able to award 2144 grants to individual care workers in need through their Covid-19 fund. So far, they have given out almost £1.5 million to grant beneficiaries in the last 5 months alone. To find out more about their work please visit the Care Workers Charity website.
Professional Care Workers Week is designed to recognise, respect and show appreciation. By dedicating one week each year to care workers in this way we’re hoping to boost the perception of social care in the public consciousness, and ensure our care workers know that they are both acknowledged, and appreciated, not only by us but by our wider society.
We hope you will join us and the Care Workers Charity in support of Professional Care Workers Week by tuning into the webinars and panel discussions throughout the week. Share and promote Professional Care Workers Week on social media @caringhomes using #R&R #PCWWeek20.
You can register for Professional Care Workers WeekFind out more about each event by following the links below to Eventbrite. Tuesday 1st September
- 11am The Future of Social Care: MP Panel from the APPG for Social Care
- 2pm Respect & Recognition: Is it too much to ask?
- 4pm Recruitment and Retention – Challenges of a Pandemic
- 10am Ongoing effects of Covid-19 on the workforce: Where do we go from here?
- 11am Supporting Care Home Residents with Dementia during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- 3pm Stress: How to avoid burnout
- 4pm Reforming Social Care: Now or Never?
- 10am Facing the Future: What have we learned?
- 11am Diversification of the workforce
- 12.30pm Understanding Grief and Loss as a Care Worker
- 4pm Care is a Gendered Issue