Benson House Care Home is delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted at this year's Pinders Healthcare Design Awards in the category of ‘Best Exterior Space’. The awards event has helped to shape the huge improvement in care facilities since it was launched in 1991, with each entry judged by an elite panel of experts.
At Benson House we encourage our gardens to be widely used by all and to help stimulate all the senses by touch and smell and improve wellbeing – a variety of spaces have been created to enable the gardens to be used throughout the day by our residents and their families.
· Copper tree water feature with seating at the main entrance to the building.
· Green Oak timber pergola with a cedar shingle roof for seating and entertaining.
· Acoustic designed fencing to reduce noise pollution along the northern boundary.
· Resin bond footpath for easy manoeuvring around the garden to various focal points.
· Private patios to most ground floor bedrooms, with individual seating.
· Secure full height glass fronted balconies to all first and second floor communal areas with comfortable relaxed seating.
· Manicured lawns designed to allow residents to play Croquet.
· Designated area for younger family members to play snakes and ladders.
· Gardeners club with outside WC and washing facilities.
· Raised vegetable planters for wheelchair access, a potting shed and greenhouse for gardening activities.
· Ample parking with electric charging points.
Caring Homes Group managing director, Tracey Fletcher-Ray, commented, “It’s exciting to see that our care homes are recognised amongst the very best in the industry. Our team has worked incredibly hard over the past very challenging year, so we are thrilled to be shortlisted. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for March.”
The awards ceremony will take place at the Design Awards lunch, which is being held on 16th March 2022 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel, London. Check out the full shortlist and more information here.