This website is operated by Caring Homes Group Limited (CHG). We were established in 1994, and are a leading care provider within the UK.
Please read this notice carefully as it explains how CHG uses the personal information that you provide to us during any method of contact (for example, by email, phone, online forms and by using any of our services)
If you have any questions about this, please contact our Data Protection Officer (S. Sagoo) firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we process
We process personal data about enquirers, residents and individuals we support before, during and after their contact with us to support our business interests, which include:
• Providing services to our enquirers, residents and individuals we support recording what services we have provided;
• Managing the health, welfare, safety and security of our residents and individuals we support;
• Handling enquiries, complaints and investigations;
• Monitoring and improving the quality of our services;
• Researching and understanding market needs to improve our marketing effectiveness;
• Working with our partners such as recruiting sites and providers to improve the quality of their services.
We also process personal data about job applicants, current and former employees, service providers, and other groups of individuals in the course of our business operations, and this data is subject to our internal privacy policies.
Personal data you provide to us
We collect personal data you provide to us when you enquire, work in or use any of our services, for example:
• Enquiry: Personal details (name, gender, age etc.), contact information (home address, phone number, email address etc.), details of your interests and communications preferences;
• Service Users: Personal details, contact information, financial details, relative, or next of kin, care needs;
• Complaints: Personal details, contact information, enquiry or complaint details;
• Health & Welfare: Medical, dietary and mobility details provided to us before, during or after any stay with us in one of our services;
• Surveys & Market Research: Responses to post-enquirer surveys and market research surveys.
• Job Applications: Responses to Job applications, including contact details, CV’s and other personal information provided.
Data anonymisation and use of aggregated information
Your information may be converted into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from its content. Aggregated data cannot be linked back to you as an individual. Some of the methods used will be encryption, pseudonymisation and anonymisation.
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with:
• A sponsor to organise payment of fees, where you are a resident in one of our services.
• Where you are a resident in one of our services, your next of kin or named family member.
• Any person that you have appointed to act on your behalf pursuant to a valid Power of Attorney, where you are a resident in one of our services.
• Allied professionals. Health care providers in the case of an emergency.
• Organisations and consultants providing contracted services to us (for example, information technology service providers who provide and maintain our systems and our website hosting). Where these companies and consultants do provide services to us, will only use your information in compliance with the GDPR (UK Data Protection act 2018).
• A third-party company, for example when providing a reference for a former employee. Or if a resident who transfers to another service provider. This transfer of data would only take place with strict compliancy criteria, and permissions
• The courts in the United Kingdom or abroad as necessary to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests and to protect the security or integrity of our business operations.
Where we store your information
We only store your information on servers located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and any third parties that we share your data with are also required to be located within the EEA. These servers are fully protected and encrypted.
Retention of your information
• If you participate in any pre-admission assessment but do not go on to become a resident within CHG, we will keep your information for only for as long is necessary to enable us to be compliant with our legal obligations.
• If you become a resident at a CHG, we keep your information only for as long as you continue to be a resident, then for a maximum of 7 years to meet our legal obligations.
If unsuccessful in your application your CV and Personal details will be securely deleted after 6 months, unless you give us permission to keep your data longer.
• You have enhanced rights under the new act in respect of the information we hold subject to some exemptions.
Please note that the way we process your information and the legal basis on which we rely on to process it affects the extent to which these rights apply.
These rights are the:
• Right to be informed about the processing of your information (this is what this notice sets out to do);
• Right to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete information completed;
• Right to object to processing of your information;
• Right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on it to process your information;
• Right to restrict processing of your information;
• Right to have your information erased;
• Right to request access to your information and information about how we process it;
• Right to move, copy or transfer your information; and
• Right to automated decision making, including profiling.
If you would like to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided above.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office where your information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data protection law. We encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer with any data protection concerns.
Data protection contacts
If you have any comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to our notice or even the way we process information about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer S.Sagoo at DPO@caringhomes.org.
Caring Homes Group, 830 Bradbury House, The Crescent, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9YQ
Telephone: 01206 224 100