Caring Homes raises almost £3,000 for Macmillan
Posted on Monday 5th October
Final counts show that almost £3,000 was raised for cancer charity Macmillan by Caring Homes in September 2015.
At least £2,930 was raised by 36 homes of our homes that held fundraising events for Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee morning on Friday 25 September 2015.
This national cancer charity fundraising day is close to Caring Homes’ hearts, as we care for many residents with specialist cancer care needs. The top fundraising homes were:
- Coxhill Manor in Woking, Surrey raised £600
- Cranmer Court in Warlingham, Surrey who raised £200
- Magna Care Centre in Wimborne, Dorset who raised £160
- Latham Lodge in Portsmouth, Hampshire who raised £150
- Hillview Court in Sauchie, Clackmannanshire, Scotland who raised £130.
All other fundraising by home is as follows:
- Abbeycrest raised at least £60. Address: Kennylands Road, Essex Way, Sonning Common, RG4 9RG: 11am coffee morning and cake with quiz for residents, families and the local community
- Dormy House raised at least £25, Sunningdale, SL5 9RL: Coffee and cakes from 11am to 3pm.
- St George Care Centre raised at least £70. Address: Kenn Road, St George, BS5 7PD: ‘Wear something green and/or sparkly’ day 11.30am to 3pm with coffee and cake in the morning and a tea dance in the afternoon (to be confirmed).
- Magna Care Centre raised at least £160. Address: Arrowsmith Road, Canford Magna, Wimborne, BH21 3BQ: Fancy dress Friday Pyjama Party (all day) with coffee and cake 11am to 12pm.
- Sundridge Court raised at least £50. Address: 19 Edward Road, Bromley, BR1 3NG: Coffee morning and cake 10 to 11.30am for residents and families, with a singer entertaining in the afternoon.
- Deer Park View raised at least £115. Address: Bushby Park Road, Teddington, TW11 0DX: 2.30pm coffee and cake, with a spot the cake competition (guess the number of spots on the cake!) and raffle
- The Pines raised at least £90. Address: 104 West Hill, Putney, SW15 2UQ: Tea party with a selection of cakes from 11am to 12pm.
- Brooklyn House raised at least £40. Address: Queens Road, Attleborough, NR17 2AG: Coffee morning, cake and clothing sale 10am to 12pm for residents, relatives and the local community.
- Tall Trees raised at least £75. Address: Burford Road, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton: Coffee and cake at 11am.
- Strathview raised at least £60. Address: Carswell Wynd, Fife, KY14 7FG: Afternoon coffee and cake with singer and spot the cake competition, 2 to 3pm.
- Standon Hall raised at least £30. Address: Standon, near Eccleshall, ST21 6RA: 10.30am to 12pm coffee and cake morning for residents and the local community.
- Rendlesham Care Centre raised at least £25. Address: Suffolk Drive, Rendlesham, IP12 2TP: 10.30am to 12pm cake and coffee morning for residents, families and friends of the home.
- Galsworthy House raised at least £30. Address: 177 Kingston Hill, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT2 7LX: Pink fairy cakes and coffee for staff, residents and visitors on the day from 11am onwards.
- Claydon House raised at least £55. Address: Lewes, BN7 2QT: A cake baking contest will be judged at 2pm by a resident, head chef and deputy home manager with a prize awarded for the best tasting cake (but they won’t know who made the entries until after judging)
- Heffle Court raised at least £25. Address: Station Road, Heathfield, TN21 8DR: Local community volunteers will be helping with a coffee, tea and cakes event with music 10am-12pm
- Rectory House raised at least £65. Address: West Street, Sompting, BN15 0DA: coffee morning and cake sale 10.30am to 12pm for residents and relatives plus guess the number of spots on the cake competition!
- Laverstock raised at least £50. Address: London Road, Salisbury, SP1 3HP: Vintage afternoon tea party with scones, piano player and raffle 2.30 to 4.30pm.
Other private fundraising events were also held, as follows: Coxhill Manor raised £600, Hulcott raised at least £10, Beaumont Villa (Jersey) raised at least £20, Oaken Holt raised at least £45, Huntercombe Hall raised at least £60, Ferfoot raised at least £115, Walstead Place raised at least £60, East Hill House raised at least £100, Gildawood Court raised at least £45, Latham Lodge raised £150, Mount Pleasant raised at least £85, Coppice Lea raised £30, Cranmer Court raised £200, Kippington raised at least £15, Hillview Court (Scotland) raised £130, Marchglen (Scotland) raised £85, Cedar House raised £20, Sanford House raised £45 and Horsell Lodge raised at least £75.
A spokesperson for Caring Homes Group said: “MacMillan is a charity that is particularly dear to our staff and many of the residents and families we support. We hope that Macmillan will be pleased with the money raised, and we will be working with Macmillan on further fundraising ideas for Christmas, New Year and Easter 2016 to collect further donations for the wonderful work of this national charity.”
Learn more about Macmillan Cancer Support by visiting www.macmillan.org.uk.