Who will pay for my care?

In England, if you are unable to pay for your care, the NHS or your Local Authority is obliged to pay your fees. Those with capital below £14,250 will usually be entitled to the maximum support available, while those with more than £14,250 but less than £23,250 will be entitled to some financial support. If your assets, which may include your property, are calculated to be above £23,250 you will (in most cases) be expected to privately pay for your own care. You can find out more about who will pay for your care here.